1/2 lb butter, room temperature
1 1/4 cups white sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
2 1/2 cups flour
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Place butter and sugar in bowl of electric mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment. Beat until light and fluffy,a bout three minutes.
- Add egg and continue beating. Add vanilla, salt, flour, about 1/2 cup at a time, until all mixed in and a nice ball of dough has formed.
- On a floured surface, roll out the dough to 1/4 inch thick. Use cookie cutters to cut desired shapes.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until the cookies are lightly golden around the edges.
- Transfer to wire cooling rack and cool completely before decorating with icing.
Inspiration: Kuhn Rikon Cookie and Cupcake Decorating Set