Sunday, April 18, 2010

Roast Chicken with Emeril's Baby Bam Seasoning

I stumbled upon this recipe while I was making Dr. Oz's vegetable soup recipe. I thought the soup was bland so I searched for ways to kick-it-up-a-notch. That's when I discovered Emeril's series of recipes for kids, which includes this all-purpose seasoning recipe, which makes a fantastic rub for roast chicken.

I cooked my chicken up-side-down. It was a pure accident, but it kept the legs tucked in and the dark meat juices drizzle down to the white meat, so its a good idea really. I also stuffed an onion and garlic cloves in the cavity of the bird.

Ingredients:

1/2 tsp celery salt
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp ground black pepper
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp onion powder
2 tbsp dried parsley
2 tbsp salt
3 tbsp paprika
1 whole chicken, or chicken pieces
1 onion, quartered
2 garlic cloves

Directions:

  1. Rinse chicken inside and out, and pat dry with a paper towel.
  2. Stuff an onion and garlic cloves into the cavity of the bird.
  3. Rub Baby Bam seasoning on the chicken liberally.
  4. Bake in the oven at 375 F until the chicken is done according to a meat thermometer. (About an hour and 15 minutes depending on the size of the chicken.)


Inspiration: Emeril's web site

No comments: