1/2 cup butter
1 onion, chopped
4 cloves of garlic, chopped
4 cups chicken stock
4 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 large carrot
2 cups milk
1 dollop of sour cream
salt and pepper to taste
toppings of your choice, such as cheddar cheese, crumbled bacon and green onion
- In a large pot or dutch oven, melt butter and cook onions and garlic until softened.
- Add potatoes, carrot, and chicken stock, cover and simmer until potatoes are soft, about 30 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender, puree the soup to desired consistency. Leave a few big pieces to give the soup a bit of texture.
- Stir in milk and sour cream. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat thoroughly and serve with toppings of your choice!