1 cup vegetable oil
1 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1-2 cups mashed ripe banana
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup chocolate chips or chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1. Preheat oven to 325 F.
- 2. Grease two loaf pans and set aside.
- 3. With an electric mixer, beat together eggs, oil sugar, vanilla at medium speed until foamy.
- 4. Add banana. Beat until lumps dissipate.
- 5. Combine flour, salt, baking powder and soda, and cinnamon. Gradually add to egg mixture.
- 6. Stir in chocolate chips or nuts.
- 7. Bake for 60 minutes or until golden brown.
Makes two loaves.
Inspiration: Easy Everyday Cooking Recipe Card