Thursday, January 01, 2009

My Banana Bread Recipe

It's actually a Zucchini bread recipe that I've adapted for banana bread. I love zucchini bread but I never make it. I make banana bread to use up old bananas. This recipe makes two loaves. It's easy to cut in half. I think it's best to make two loaves and give one away.

Ingredients:

2 eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
1 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1-2 cups mashed ripe banana
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup chocolate chips or chopped walnuts (optional)

  1. 1. Preheat oven to 325 F.
  2. 2. Grease two loaf pans and set aside.
  3. 3. With an electric mixer, beat together eggs, oil sugar, vanilla at medium speed until foamy.
  4. 4. Add banana. Beat until lumps dissipate.
  5. 5. Combine flour, salt, baking powder and soda, and cinnamon. Gradually add to egg mixture.
  6. 6. Stir in chocolate chips or nuts.
  7. 7. Bake for 60 minutes or until golden brown.

Makes two loaves.


Inspiration: Easy Everyday Cooking Recipe Card

1 comment:

Super Happy Jen said...

I made this today and it turned out perfectly. I switched the flour for whole wheat flour, and then negated my healthy choice by icing the whole thing with nutella. Yum!