Saturday, May 08, 2010

Amy's Beef on a Bun

I started making this recipe a few years back. It's one that my husband requests again and again. It's so simple to prepare because it's done in the crock pot. The hardest part for me is making sure we have beer in the house. But luckily, I've successfully bummed a beer from a neighbour before to make this recipe.

Ingredients:

4-5 lb beef roast
1 pkg. dry onion soup mix
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 cans condensed beef broth
1 can beer (can be non-alcoholic)
2 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. oregano
12 buns

Directions:

  1. Combine all the ingredients (except buns) in a bowl.
  2. Place beef in slow cooker, pour wet mixture on top.
  3. Cook on low for 8-10 hours.
  4. Take beef out, shred with fork.
  5. Serve on buns with bowls of "au jus" for dipping!


Inspiration: My Nest & CT friend Amy

No comments: