Ingredients:2 onions4 garlic cloves1 tbsp oil1 tsp chili powder1 tsp salt1 tsp tumeric1 tsp paprika1 tbsp ground cumin1 tbsp ground coriander1 can chickpeas2 cups diced tomatoes with juice1 tsp garam masalaDirections:
- Slice onions, finely. crush the garlic. Heat oil in medium sauce pan. Add onion and garlic too pan, cook over medium heat, stirring, until soft.
- Add the chili powder, salt, tumeric, paprika, cumin and coriander. Stir over heat for one minute.
- Add chickpeas and undrained tomatoes, stir until combined.
- Simmer uncovered, over low heat, for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in garam marsala. Simmer, covered, for another 10 minutes.
- Serve with rice or naan bread.
Inspiration: The Essential Vegetarian Cookbook