Saturday, November 05, 2011

Rosemary Roasted Chicken with Potatoes

I spent an exuberant amount of money on a Club House Seasoning Package. The package was definitely the same price as a whole jar of spice, but only contained five teaspoons of spice. The salt was not included.

I was sold on the convenience of the pre-measured spices. Ultimately, it meant that on day when I was tired and couldn't be bothered to cook, I wouldn't have to spend a few minutes collecting various spices from my drawer and measuring them myself. And if the combination was good, the package including the recipe card, so I knew I could duplicate it again.

Well it was good. Very good. My husband raved about this dish. It will be duplicated. The original recipe called for boneless skinless chicken thighs, but I used bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs with legs. It also called for red potatoes. I used what I had.

Ingredients:

2 tsp paprika
1 1/2 tsp rosemary
1 tsp dehydrated minced garlic
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp olive oil
1 1/2 lbs chicken (I used bone-in thighs with legs.)
1 1/2 lbs potatoes, cubed

Directions:
  1. Mix oil, spices and salt in bottom of a large 9x13 glass baking dish. 
  2. Add chicken and potatoes, toss to coat well.
  3. Roast in preheated 425 F oven for 30-40 minutes, turning occasionally, until the chicken is cooked and the potatoes are tender.

Inspiration: Club House seasoning package

No comments: