1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
½ cup white sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 ½ cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp salt
3 cups uncooked oats
1 cup raisins
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Beat together butter and sugars until creamy.
3. Add eggs, vanilla; beat well.
4. Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and mix well.
5. Drop rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
6. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Cool one minute on cookie sheet before removing.
*For bar cookies, bake 30 to 35 minutes in ungreased 13x9 metal baking pan.
Makes four dozen.
Inspiration: Quaker Oats Oatmeal canister
Monday, February 23, 2009
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
These are my favourite oatmeal raisin cookies. I got the recipe from the lid of a Quaker Oatmeal container. I stopped using the container long ago to store oats; but I've been reluctant to throw away the container until now, because I didn't want to lose the recipe. The recipe is called "Vanishing Oatmeal Raisin Cookies." They live up to that name.