Sunday, June 28, 2009

Grilled Chicken with Balsamic Tomato Sauce

I couldn't find the picture, but I liked this recipe for how good it was and, of course, how simple it was to prepare. I love simple yet tasty dishes. This is another I'd like to remember. It came from one of my parenting magazines.

Ingredients:

1 tbsp olive oil
6 chicken breasts, skinless, boneless
3 garlic cloves, chopped
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1/3 cup low sodium chicken broth
1 cup canned chopped tomatoes, with juice

Directions:
  1. Heat olive oil in large saute pan over medium-high heat.
  2. Add chicken and cook on each side until juices run clear. Remove chicken and keep warm.
  3. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add the garlic and saute 1 minute. And the remaining ingredients, stir, scraping the bottom of the pan to remove any browned bits. Cook sauce until slightly thickened, about three minutes.
  4. Serve chicken with sauce spooned on top.

Inspiration: Canadian Family magazine, May 2009 issue.

No comments: