Monday, April 05, 2010

Homemade Teriyaki BBQ Sauce

I made Hawaiian BBQ for my in-laws on Easter Monday at my husband's request. I've been trying to recreate a Hawaiian BBQ dinner he had on a business trip to California. Apparently, I came close. I botched the presentation. I should have layered the ingredients on the platter in this order: iceberg lettuce, white rice, pineapple, and the saucy meat.

As for the meat, the taste was bang on. I marinated the beef flank steak and chicken thighs according to these recipes I posted previously. While BBQing, I basted the meat with this homemade Teriyaki sauce I found on the web. Everyone agreed that this sauce was fantastic. A definite keeper and so easy to prepare.

Ingredients:

1/3 cup brown sugar
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp ground ginger
2 cups ketchup
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup cider vinegar
1½ tbsp Worcestershire sauce

Directions:

  1. Combine dry ingredients in a bowl, or blender.
  2. Add liquids and mix very well.
  3. Transfer to a tightly sealed jar and refrigerate for at least four hours, overnight is best.
  4. Stir well before using.

Inspiration: Robert's Recipes

No comments: