Monday, October 19, 2009

Grandma's Chocolate Frosting


I was so impressed when I tried this icing on a cupcake at a Halloween party, I had to ask for the recipe right away. I made the icing the very next day for cupcakes for a Halloween play date. It was so rich and smooth and yummy. I think the instant coffee gives it a richer flavour. I will make this recipe again and again.

Ingredients:

1 stick (4 oz) butter or margarine
3 3/4 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/4 cup milk
1/2 tsp instant coffee
1 tsp vanilla extract

Directions:
  1. Heat milk for about 30 seconds in microwave until hot. Stir in vanilla and instant coffee until dissolved.
  2. Cream together margarine, sugar, and cocoa powder. Add warm milk and mix on high speed until fluffy.
Inspiration: Megan and How to eat a Cupcake

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is the same icing I made for you when you were young only my reciepe had measurements like butter about the size of a small egg 2 c of icing sugar pinch of salt and some instant coffee as penned by my great grandmother

mom