2 lbs ground beef
1/3 cup dry plain bread crumbs
1/3 cup green onions, minced
1/4 cup ketchup
2 tbsp soy suace
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp ginger root, grated
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp sesame oil
6 hamburger buns
Lettuce, tomatoes and other burger toppings
- In mixer, combine beef, bread crumbs, onions, and egg. Mix well.
- in small bowl combine ketchup, soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger root, garlic and sesame oil.
- Add 3 tbsp of the sauce to the meat and mix well. Reserve the rest of the sauce to brush onto burgers while grilling.
- Shape meat into 8 patties. BBQ until cooked through, while basting with the sauce.
- Serve with your favourite toppings.
Inspiration: Burger She Wrote, pg 163, Crazy Plates.