Simple and delicious. This was a great recipe to make with my toddler. She helped roll the dough and paint the egg wash.
1 package frozen puff pastry
1 tbsp water
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts halves
2 tbsp butter
1 container (4 ounces) garlic & herb cream cheese spread
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Thaw the pastry sheet at room temperature. Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Stir the egg and water in a small bowl with a fork.
- Season the chicken with the black pepper, if desired. Heat the butter in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until it's well browned on both sides. Remove the chicken to a plate. Cover the plate and refrigerate for 15 minutes or up to 24 hours.
- Unfold the pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Roll the pastry sheet into a 14-inch square. Cut the pastry sheet into 4 (7-inch) squares.
- Spread about 2 tablespoons cheese spread in the center of each pastry square. Top each with 1 tablespoon parsley and a chicken breast. Brush the edges of the pastry squares with the egg mixture. Fold the corners of the pastry squares to the center over the chicken and press the edges to seal. Place seam-side down on a baking sheet. Brush the pastries with the egg mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the pastries are golden.