- Pour a puddle of oil in a pot with a lid, 1-2 tbsp, to thinly coat the bottom of the pan.
- Sprinkle popping kernels in pot, enough to make one-layer of kernels on the bottom of the pot.
- Give the pot a shake to coat the kernels in oil.
- Heat on high, with the lid on, but slightly ajar, so steam can escape.
- Shake the pot occasionally to prevent sticking.
- When popping begins to slow, remove from heat. Keep the pot lid on until all popping has stopped.
- Season with melted butter, salt, or other seasonings.
Inspiration: My childhood