Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Simple Citrus Fruit Salad

My daughter loves grapefruit so I thought this recipe I clipped fro the newspaper would be a hit. I had to use two grapefruits because she ate so much as I was preparing the salad. Plus, I've never made a fruit salad until now. This recipe makes a lot so it would be good to share with a larger group.
Ingredients:

1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup grapefruit juice
1 grapefruit, sectioned peeled, cut
2 oranges, sectioned, cut
1 small pineapple, cut into chunks
1 banana, slices
1 apple, cut into chunks
1 pear peeled, cut into chunks

Directions:

  1. In a large bowl, dissolve brown sugar into grapefruit juice.
  2. Add all fruit and toss gently to combine thoroughly.
  3. Cover and let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
Inspiration: The Hamilton Spectator

No comments: