Saturday, March 14, 2009

Leyla's Hot Cocoa

My daughter loves hot chocolate. I mix it with mostly milk so it turns out to be relatively harmless way to get her to drink milk. Recently, I ran out of the instant kind. When she requested hot chocolate again, I thought I'd try this recipe for hot cocoa. I like it because I know what's in it and it's less sweet, and very, very chocolately. In my opinion, this is great, low-fat way of fulfilling a chocolate craving. I used Ghirardelli Premium Baking Cocoa. I heated it with only 2/3 of the milk. I added the last 1/3 at the last minute to make it the right temperature for my toddler.

Ingredients:

1 1/2 tbsp cocoa
1 1/2 tbsp sugar
1 cup milk

Directions:

  1. Mix cocoa and sugar together.
  2. Pour milk into a small pan. Stir in cocoa mixture.
  3. Heat until steaming.


Inspiration: Ghirardelli Premium Baking Cocoa tin

No comments: