Ingredients:Inspiration: Cheese advertisement in parenting magazine.
2/3 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp butter, melted
1 can pizza sauce
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
Pizza toppings of your choice
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Butter casserole dish.
- In electric mixer, using whisk tool, whisk together flour, salt, milk.
- Whisk in eggs and melted butter.
- Pour batter into casserole dish.
- Spoon on pizza sauce to create a marbled look.
- Sprinkle with toppings.
- Top with cheese
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
Monday, March 30, 2009
It's a good thing I typed out this recipe immediately after making it; that's when I noticed it calls for two types of cheese. I quickly pulled the soufflé out of the oven and added mozzarella. I hope the disruption doesn't affect how it rises. I had to type out the recipe right away because of all the foodstuff my daughter spilled onto the recipe while cooking. I've never made a soufflé before, so I'm not sure how it should turn out. For toppings, we added green onion and tomatoes. Surprisingly, this dish turned out a lot like pizza that you eat with a knife and fork. It has a crust and all the pizza taste. You could really make it something with the right toppings.